Friday, August 3, 2007

SP Chronicles #7

SugarPine Chronicles, Log Account 7...

Second to last week of kids is almost done. I can feel it. 26 hours from now they'll be packed up ready to go, I'll be doing traffic, and that much closer to 26 hours off.

This week by far...the toughest one yet. The first two days we had a couple counselors get sick or injured, that knocked program staff down to three people. And we had to send a kid home, that wasn't much fun either. My high school youth group was at main camp this week, but I only got to see them at nights because of our short staffing (no offense Missy). But as the week progressed, life found its bright points even though it was being difficult. My voice is getting pretty solid even though I knocked out my high range for the rest of the summer. Oh yeah and I finally shaved off my mountain man beard too, I look like I'm 17 again yay!

Besides that, I've been sort of listless. Not in a bad way. I've just pushed all the random distractions out of my head and let God take control as much as I'll let Him. There's been a lot of things that Satan has tried to throw at me this week especially. Lots of things that made me just want to run home, but I know I can't. This place and what I'm doing here is too important. And once again this week, I learned how important prayer is. So don't think that you praying for me isn't working, cause IT IS. Thanks :)



Epilouge: I just found out that I'm gonna be a counselor next week, as well as being the worship guy. DOUBLETIME!..one, two, three, four... (pray for me)

No comments: