Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Post-SP07

There is one thing that is echoing through my skull right now...

FIND YOUR GROUND AND STAND UP

People that don't believe in anything are white noise, the same noise you hear on the radio when you can't get reception. You can believe in something and still be a hypocrite. But you become a true believer in something if you actually put your life on the line and stand for that belief. Once it comes to that point, it's impossible to fake it. Everything that people see in you and everything that you hold dear to you is tested to see if it's real and if it helps you or hurts you.

But if you don't stand up, you cripple yourself. You keep thinking what you think you're standing on is secure, but you don't know for sure. Then when things start to cave in, you wonder why you didn't see this coming.

Right now, I'm saying that my life currently is proof. I left for the summer again, gave God everything, told him that He has control whether or not things are good or bad while I'm gone, and I didn't look back. I poured out 100% at that camp, and I came home to find that everything that I had left behind actually got better. God had taken what I had given Him and trusted Him with, and grew it more than I could imagine.

At the point when I realized this, the parable Jesus told of the servants and the Ten Minas. It's the complete truth. And I'm glad it is.

No comments: